2020-06-14

Dumping my notes on Jenkins shared library use in declarative pipeline

Recently I have tasked myself to work on how we organize our Jenkins jobs code. We are using Jenkins declarative pipeline (officially that is "simplified and opinionated syntax on top of the Pipeline sub-systems", but basically it is "nicely structured, but they forbid you to use mostly anything fancy in you Groovy code").

In our case we have lots (and it is slowly growing) of jobs which are running tests from different directories in a same way, but with different parameters. Also we have another set of jobs that are checking something and in some case they trigger the test jobs. This all loudly calls for sharing the code, so I wanted to take a look at how to do it.

Here is list of tabs I'm closing now once I'm done :)


No comments:

Post a Comment